Friday, January 14, 2011

Will I need a outlet converter or anything for my electronics to work in the Philippines


Will I need a outlet converter or anything for my electronics to work in the Philippines?
I'm traveling to Manila soon and was wondering if anyone knows if I'll be able to plug my eletronics into outlets without incident. Things like a battery chargers, etc. Thanks for your help :)
Philippines - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Bring a converter. They use 220 Voltage in P.I.
2 :
yup! you may need to bring an adaptor or converter because in the Philippines we use 220 voltage. Better be sure. ^_^ way to go!
3 :
Check your electronics to see if they will work on 220 volts -some do some do not. Wait until you get here as there are many many converters for sale. Welcome to the Philippines.
4 :
Depends where you are coming from, you might need a plug adaptor or a voltage converter. But I can describe what they have in the Philippines so you can compare. What they commonly use over there is I believe called type A, commonly used in the US, two prong some with & some without the ground. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Weltkarte_verwendeter_Netzsteckertypen.svg And the voltage is 220, 60 something hertz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Weltkarte_der_Netzspannungen_und_Netzfrequenzen.svg