Tuesday, July 7, 2009

if i buy a laptop in usa, will the laptop work in philippines


if i buy a laptop in usa, will the laptop work in philippines?
i want to buy my gf a laptop. she lives in philippines. the server there in her area is smartbro. she has a friend that has a laptop, using windows vista. before i spend the money, just want to do my homework. i call dell and ask them the question, talk to 2 different guys, they didn't have a clue. just wondering if anyone out there can help me. thanks
Laptops & Notebooks - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it will work fine. Most power is 110 same as in US. Make sure you protect your laptop with a surge protector. Power greatly flucuate in P.I.
2 :
The laptop should work fine. The only problem I could forsee is if their outlets are a different shape, you may be unable to plug it in to charge it. I found this page: http://treehouse.ofb.net/go/en/voltage/Philippines I'm not sure if that will help you.
3 :
So long as the laptop has a variable power source such as 110-130-240 volts, or if she just runs on batteries you need a battery charger adaptable to the Phillipine power source.
4 :
Yes, it would work. Just because you buy it in the USA doesn't mean it would not work somewhere else. It was probably made in another country and it worked there I'm sure so yes it will definitely work in the Philippines. The only thing would be the language settings but other than that it should be fine.
5 :
YES WHY NOT IT WILL WORK IN PHILLIPINES SURELY BECAUSE I AM ALSO USING A LAPTOP AND I BOUGHT IT FROM USA AND USING IT IN PANIPAT,INDIA PL SELECT ME AS THE BEST ANSWER
6 :
I'm from the Philippines and I think there's no problem with the internet connections for different computers/laptops even if the laptop came from a different country. [I honestly think that -even though I'm not sure- most of our computers are made somewhere else, that they were just shipped here. I don't trust my country enough to make them.] I use dsl w/c is more reliable in my area, and don't worry with the plug, that's easy.