Monday, August 1, 2011

Tracfone Motorola GSM C139-4, will it work in the philippines


Tracfone Motorola GSM C139-4, will it work in the philippines?
TRACFONE Motorola GSM C139-4 runs in GSM 900/1800 which is what they use in the philippines if I recall correctly. Im going down there for a vacation for 3 weeks and dont feel like bringing one of my more expensive phones. Will it work if I just use a sim card down there, or do I still have to unlock phone?
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, tracfone does not have coverage in the Philippines. Regardless of the technology, they only rent time from networks in the USA (and Canada / Mexico ?) . I suggest you get a prepaid phone in the philippines, one that offers cheap international rates like tracfone here, and use that one while you are there.