Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can a US citizen study/work there in the Philippines


Can a US citizen study/work there in the Philippines?
I'm Filipino/Us-born. I've studied mostly in the Philippines in the past. but they didn't ask for international student credentials. maybe because of the fact that I'm pure Filipino? How about working in the Philippines? I have ss but it's US-based. what would I need if ever?
Embassies & Consulates - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's unclear if you are a US citizen or a dual citizen (Philippines and US).If you are a US citizen you are required to have working visa to be employed in the Philippines.Your SSN here in the US doesn't extend to the Philippines.It might be wise if you will work on becoming a dual citizen if you intend to reside and work in the Philippines. http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=163&Itemid=83
2 :
yeah