Sunday, October 7, 2012

I have an old unlocked Nokia mobile phone and I want to send it my cousin in the Philippines. Will it work


I have an old unlocked Nokia mobile phone and I want to send it my cousin in the Philippines. Will it work?
I bought this phone off eBay some time ago, and it is unlocked. What I want to know is, will this phone be compatible on their network? Does it have some chip in it that will only permit it to be used in Australia, or can they bung a simcard in and away the go?
Cell Phones & Plans - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes it will work
2 :
Mark is right. As long as the phone is actually unlocked, the end user in the Phillipines can purchase a SIM card through a service provider there and use the phone. Your cousin will also likely need to either buy an adapter for the electrical plug on the charger or get a charger there as well.