Monday, January 12, 2009

Will the Sony Ericsson k790a work in the Philippines


Will the Sony Ericsson k790a work in the Philippines?
I'm planning to buy one but I'm not really sure if it will work in the Philippines, please help me on this one. Thanks!
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes it will. In the Phillippines the two cell frequencies used are most likely 900mhz and 1800mhz (which are mainly used in Asia and Europe) and the phone you are asking about receives those frequencies. You will have to buy it unlocked if it is not offered by Globe or SMART, and then have it transferred to one of those networks (or whatever other ones are available in the Phillippines). I had a similar question that I answered last night about SIM card sizes in the US and Phillippines, so you may want to email your cell phone operator and Sony Ericsson to see if the SIM card slot will fit the SIM card you'll be putting in it.